| Thursday, November 30, 2006
| Holiday Meme.
|I saw this meme over @ Heart Of Rachel & knew she wouldn't mind if I played too - thanks Rach
1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?.. I would have to say Egg Nog!
2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?.. Both of my children tell me that they are too old for Santa but back when they were little ones, Santa always wrapped the presents.
3) Coloured lights on tree/house or white?.. I am a 'christmas lights-a-holic' I just love them! I have coloured and white, and musical lights as well!
4) Do you hang mistletoe?.. Sadly we don't have any real mistletoe but we do hang some fairly realistic looking 'fake' mistletoe.
5) When do you put your decorations up?.. Usually during the first weekend of December - we'll be busy this weekend!
6) What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?.. This is an impossible question for me to answer! I love the salads, the fruit platters, everything!!
7) Favourite holiday memory as a child?.. I have so many holiday memories that I cherish - I just loved the feeling of Christmas as a child - the love that seemed to be in the air - the fun of sneaking under the tree with my sis, late Christmas eve when everyone else was sleeping - visiting Nan & Grandpa on Christmas eve - helping Mum prepare the food while listening to her favourite Boney M Christmas album - sitting outside, searching the night sky for the biggest star, convinced it was the star of Bethlehem. My list of favourite memories is honsetly endless
8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?.. I was quite young - it was when I recognized that Santa's handwriting was very similar to my step fathers
9) Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?.. Absolutely! It is a tradition I started on my son's first Christmas
10) How do you decorate your Christmas tree?.. Decorating of the tree is something my children love to do on their own - though I help them with the lights and the actual erecting of the tree. My son is a real sweetheart, he always loves to help his sister reach the top of the tree to put the star in place
11) Snow! Love it or Dread it?.. I've never experienced snow though I often find that "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" It will happen one day - God willing!
12) Can you ice skate?.. I've never tried!
13) Do you remember your favourite gift?.. I'd have to say that my favourite gift as a child was a xylophone, I just loved it!
14) What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?.. The most important thing for me is to keep it real. It's sad that the true meaning of Christmas is becoming lost amongst the dash to get the right gifts, and all the other seemingly 'important' things to do. I always make sure that my children don't forget why there's a Christmas - it's important that they first remember Jesus and spend some time in prayer before they go under the tree. It's so sweet to hear them wishing Jesus a happy birthday, and thanking God for everything
15) What is your favourite holiday dessert?.. My Mum's pavalova
16) What is your favourite holiday tradition?.. In childhood it was always a tradition to visit with Nan & Grandpa on Christmas eve. Mum would cook a delicious meal, Nan would make yummy toffee's, and we would stay there til after dark
17) What tops your tree?.. A huge gold star! When I was a child it was always a beautiful angel dressed in gold, with a halo above her head and a star in her hand.
18) Which do you prefer - Giving or Receiving?.. Giving! Without a doubt! It is such a blessing to be able to give to others.
19) What is your favourite Christmas song?.. I love Christmas songs just as much as I love Christmas lights, if not more! If I'm pushed to name a favourite, I'd have to say it would be O Holy Night - I get tingles every time I hear it
20) Candy canes - Yuck or Yum?.. I don't particularly like eating them, but I love what they represent!
Labels: About me, Memes
|posted by Amanda @ 9:56 AM
| Tuesday, November 28, 2006
| Are You Gooder at Grammer?
Your Language Arts Grade: 100%
Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).
Are You Gooder at Grammar?
Make a Quiz
|posted by Amanda @ 11:09 AM
| Have You Ever..?
|I found this while I was visiting Renaissance Blogger, and couldn't resist joining in.
If you'd also like to play, it's really simple. Just copy & paste - then bold everything you've done =)
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins (Does swimming beside them in the ocean count?)
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
Labels: About me, Memes
|posted by Amanda @ 10:08 AM
| Monday Madness.
|Monday Madness <= click to join the fun!
Let's talk about holidays... Depending on where you live and what religion you are, you may celebrate different holidays and at different times of the year than others. But most of us do celebrate at least one holiday a year. Let's share!
1. Which of the holidays that you celebrate, do you feel is the most important?.. Christmas & Easter! - sorry I won't choose just one
2. Which holiday do you most enjoy?.. Christmas!
3. Is there one holiday that your family tries to get together every year? If so, which one?.. My family fell apart several years ago There are a few member who refuse to be in the same place together, which is really sad. So there is no time when my family gets together - but one day this will change, I pray.
4. Share one special memory from a past holiday.. Every Christmas from my childhood holds special memories - I can so clearly recall one of my sisters always talking me into sneaking out of bed on Christmas Eve, just to take a peek under the tree. The house we grew up in was very old, with loudly creaking floor boards! It's funny how quickly we learned where to place our feet to make the least amount of noise possible. I also remember the year when the Christmas tree fell over (it was a live Christmas tree that year) - my sister was convinced that the loud thud was Santa 'crash landing' in the front yard! It wasn't until morning that we found the tree on it's side, and water everywhere! That was the year we received our very first doll's house that our step father had made himself, and our Mum had made all the dolls and furniture. I also received a xylophone - it was my most precious possession for years! I could honestly sit here for hours, recounting all the tales from past Christmas's - I can still recall all the precious old ornaments, the gorgeous nativity advent calendar - they just don't make things the way they used to!
5. Name one holiday coming up, that you're really looking forward to, and why.. Christmas, of course! This will be the first Christmas that my children & I have spent together with hubby/Dad - and it will be his first Australian Christmas! I'm really excited about it!
Labels: About me, Memes
|posted by Amanda @ 9:00 AM
| Thursday, November 23, 2006
| Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen Things I Am Thankful For..
1) I am thankful that I am a child of God - I honestly can't imagine my life without Him. I praise the day that my heart was opened to receiving Jesus as my Saviour.
2) I am thankful for my Husband. I have never felt so complete, so loved and so accepted. He is my precious treasure. Every day that I wake up next to him is a gift.
3) I am thankful for my children. I am blessed beyond my worth, having received the gift of two precious angels.
4) I am thankful for my Mum. She has been an ever present source of support, encouragement, and love.
5) I am thankful for my friend Shannon. God works in mysterious ways, and He was surely up to something when He caused our paths to cross. Shannon is a huge blessing to me.
6) I am thankful for my sight. I realize what a blessing it is to be able to see the world around me.
7) I am thankful for being able. All my limbs are intact, and are working as they should, for this I am extremely thankful and grateful.
8) I am thankful for the strangers I pass in the street who take the time to smile and say hello. It's amazing how such a small thing can brighten the day.
9) I am thankful for my pets - I love them all so much. My life would be so empty without them.
10) I am thankful for being alive.
11) I am thankful that I have been taught the true meaning of love - learning the difference between human, selfish love, and agape love.
12) I am thankful for the internet, which has caused me to meet many new people from across the globe. Some experiences have been rather shocking, while some have impacted my life in a way that has made me a better person.
13) I am thankful for being me - yes, I like me.
Labels: About me, Memes
|posted by Amanda @ 11:56 AM
| Wednesday, November 22, 2006
| Murray Bridge.
|Murray Bridge, South Australia - 1879
The bridge was designed by William Dempsey who was the UK consultant for South Australia. Steel pins were used, and other joints were bolted for easy erection. The bridge commenced in 1873, and was completed in 1879. It was initially opened for road traffic, and rails were not laid until 1886.
Labels: Random Photo
|posted by Amanda @ 12:30 PM
| Tuesday, November 21, 2006
|What's your kissing style?
Result: Romantic Kisser.
Beware of your kiss – it’s been known to make people fall in love. To you, kisses are the finest expression of love. (And you love being in love.) You think that the best kisses happen when the feelings are strong and the love vibes are pumping at maximum speed. That doesn’t mean you’re a traditional kisser, though – you love to mix it up with creative kisses and keep things interesting. Kissing is an art, and when you get going you’re like Picasso.
Take This Quiz!
Labels: About me, Memes, Quiz
|posted by Amanda @ 12:57 PM
| Monday Madness
1. In order to protect my computer from viruses, I use Avast.
2. I also use Windows Defender & Spybot for protection from spyware.
3. I don't spend nearly enough time meditating on God's word.
4. The first person I usually talk to in the morning is my hubby, Kenneth.
5. It takes me about 30 mins to get ready in the morning.
6. I keep all my appointments in my cell phone.
7. It takes me about 30 mins to an hour to fall asleep at night.
|posted by Amanda @ 11:54 AM
| Show Your Support.
|I received an email today urging people to light a candle for the innocent victims of online child abuse.
Please show your support by clicking on this link - Light A Million Candles - God Bless & protect these little ones...
|posted by Amanda @ 11:45 AM
| Monday, November 20, 2006
2. Person - Not fair! Impossible to list just one!
3. Pastime - Reading.
4. Movie - The Passion Of The Christ
5. Season - Autumn.
6. Book - Holy Bible
7. Quote - "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless" ~ Mother Teresa.
8. Colour - Blue.
Answer the 26 alphabetized questions.
A-ACT YOUR AGE: 33
B-BOYFRIEND: Kenneth (Hubby!)
C-CHORE YOU HATE: Dishes
D-DAD'S NAME: Roy
E-ESSENTIAL MAKE UP/TOILETRY ITEM: I don't wear make up, so I'll say my Tabu perfume.
F-FAVE ACTOR/ACTRESS: Harrison Ford
G-GOLD OR SILVER: Either! :o)
H-HOMETOWN: Murray Bridge
I-INSTRUMENTS YOU PLAY: Piano & Flute - though it's been a while.
J-JOB TITLE: Home Maker :o)
K-KIDS: 1 Son - 1 Daughter.
L-LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: 3 bedroom semi-detached house.
M-MOM'S NAME: Pam
N-# OF PEOPLE YOU'VE SLEPT WITH: What type of question is this?
O-OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: Too many to count.
P-PHOBIA: Heights, Falling, Spiders, Teeth..
Q-QUOTE YOU LIKE: "It's easy to be pleasant when life goes on like a song, but the man worthwhile is the man who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."
R-RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION: Christian!
S-SIBLINGS: 4 Sisters - 1 Brother.
T-TIME YOU WAKE UP: 6:30am
U - UNIQUE HABIT: ?
V-VEGETABLE YOU REFUSE TO EAT: Brussel Sprouts
W-WORST HABIT: I think too much.
X-X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: Foot, Pelvis, Mouth.
Y-YUMMY FOOD YOU MAKE: Banana Cake
Z-ZODIAC SIGN: N/A.
|posted by Amanda @ 9:46 AM
| Saturday, November 18, 2006
| Facts About Me..
1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING?.. Yes
2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP?.. 6 years
3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED?.. Tabu Perfume
4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE?.. Yes, serveral times - never caused damage though! :o)
5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT?.. Ummm - next question..
6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?.. My family.
7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE?.. Banana Muffin.
8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?.. Hands - don't ask why!
9. ONE FAVORITE SONG?.. White Flag by Dido.
10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?.. In the country!
11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED/ATTENDING:.. Murray Bridge High School
12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:.. Vodafone.
13. FAVORITE MALL STORE?.. Not much of a shopper, so I'll pass on this one.
14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD?.. Child minding - lasted for several years.
15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE?.. No.
16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?.. Not since I was young.
17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED.. My own!!
18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?.. Assuming my hubby is with me, I'd then call my Mum.
19. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND?.. I wake up beside him every morning.
20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?.. Subway.
21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD?.. Hard to say - I've heard some whoppers!
22. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER TOLD?.. I'm an honesty freak!
23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS?.. Dundee's.
24. CAN YOU COOK?.. Oh for sure!
25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?.. Don't drive.
26. BEST DAY OF THE YEAR?.. Christmas - Love it!
27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?.. Few days ago.
28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS YOU'VE TASTED?.. Brussel Sprouts.
29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF?.. That I'm a child of God.
30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF?.. I think too much.
38. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT?.. Keys!
31. BEST FACIAL FEATURE?.. My Eyes!
32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?.. 12hrs
33. FAVORITE MOVIE?.. The Passion Of The Christ.
34. CAN YOU SING?.. Yes.
35. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED?.. Ice House - many years ago!
36. LAST KISS?.. Hubby, this morning before he left for work ♥
37. LAST MOVIE RENTED?.. Life Is Beautiful
39. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?.. Kangaroo Island.
40. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?.. Desktop.
41. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?.. Carl Barron
42. DO YOU SMOKE?.. No!
43. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES?.. Without.
44. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?.. Hubby - Millie (Cat) - Tessie (Dog).
45. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?.. If both parties are dedicated to it's success, then absolutely.
46. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE?.. Never - don't drive :o)
47. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST?.. Pancakes.
48. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?.. Not at all!
49. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?.. Scrambled - Yummo!
50. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?.. Absolutely Not!
51. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?.. My Mum ♥
52. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?.. Hubby's mate.
53. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?.. From my mate Berkeley.
54. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?.. 1 - I sleep snuggled up to Hubby, so don't need more than one.
55. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?.. Clothing! :o)
56. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC: ".. it's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that move us along .."
57. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?.. Just the thought makes my stomach turn.
58. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?.. Yes, Love the game!
59. CAN YOU SWIM?.. Yeah, though I'm not water baby.
60. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?.. Boysenberry
61. DO YOU LIKE MAPS?.. They fascinate me.
62. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF:.. I once hatched a bantam egg in my bra.
63. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?.. No.
64. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?.. Autumn!
65. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?.. Can't be specific because I do that everyday!
66. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING?.. 6:30am
67. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?.. Rain! Thunder! Lightening! Big Quilts! Cuddles! Love Winter!!
68. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?.. NEVER!
69. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?.. Poppet (Guinea Pig) ♥
70. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?.. Cool!
71. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?.. Laundry - Grrrrrrr!
72. BIRTHDATE?.. Oct 8th, 1973
73. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE?.. The best Wife/Mother.
74. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?.. No.
75. ARE YOU SMILING?.. I am now!
76. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW?.. Always.
77. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?.. Africa.
78. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL?.. Nope.
79. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?.. Not a crush - I'm In LOVE!!
80. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME?.. Not sure.
81. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT?.. Don't own one.
82. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?.. Huh?
83. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH?.. No.
84. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE?.. I should be so lucky.
85. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER?.. Yes, four.
86. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?.. No - one level
87. ARE YOU IN LOVE?.. ABSOLUTELY!!
88. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL?.. Yes, several times.
89. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?.. Yes.
90. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?.. Wedding Ring.
91. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY?.. Pay some bills @ the post office.
Labels: About me, Memes
|posted by Amanda @ 8:21 AM