Life Is Precious
A window into my thoughts..
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Holiday Meme.
I saw this meme over @ Heart Of Rachel & knew she wouldn't mind if I played too - thanks Rach

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?.. I would have to say Egg Nog!

2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?.. Both of my children tell me that they are too old for Santa but back when they were little ones, Santa always wrapped the presents.


3) Coloured lights on tree/house or white?.. I am a 'christmas lights-a-holic' I just love them! I have coloured and white, and musical lights as well!

4) Do you hang mistletoe?.. Sadly we don't have any
real mistletoe but we do hang some fairly realistic looking 'fake' mistletoe.

5) When do you put your decorations up?.. Usually during the first weekend of December - we'll be busy this weekend!

6) What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?.. This is an impossible question for me to answer! I love the salads, the fruit platters, everything!!

7) Favourite holiday memory as a child?.. I have so many holiday memories that I cherish - I just loved the feeling of Christmas as a child - the love that seemed to be in the air - the fun of sneaking under the tree with my sis, late Christmas eve when everyone else was sleeping - visiting Nan & Grandpa on Christmas eve - helping Mum prepare the food while listening to her favourite Boney M Christmas album - sitting outside, searching the night sky for the biggest star, convinced it was the star of Bethlehem. My list of favourite memories is honsetly endless


8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?.. I was quite young - it was when I recognized that Santa's handwriting was very similar to my step fathers

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?.. Absolutely! It is a tradition I started on my son's first Christmas

10) How do you decorate your Christmas tree?.. Decorating of the tree is something my children love to do on their own - though I help them with the lights and the actual erecting of the tree. My son is a real sweetheart, he always loves to help his sister reach the top of the tree to put the star in place

11) Snow! Love it or Dread it?.. I've never experienced snow though I often find that "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" It will happen one day - God willing!

12) Can you ice skate?.. I've never tried!

13) Do you remember your favourite gift?.. I'd have to say that my favourite gift as a child was a xylophone, I just loved it!

14) What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?.. The most important thing for me is to keep it real. It's sad that the true meaning of Christmas is becoming lost amongst the dash to get the right gifts, and all the other seemingly 'important' things to do. I always make sure that my children don't forget why there's a Christmas - it's important that they first remember Jesus and spend some time in prayer before they go under the tree. It's so sweet to hear them wishing Jesus a happy birthday, and thanking God for everything

15) What is your favourite holiday dessert?.. My Mum's pavalova

16) What is your favourite holiday tradition?.. In childhood it was always a tradition to visit with Nan & Grandpa on Christmas eve. Mum would cook a delicious meal, Nan would make yummy toffee's, and we would stay there til after dark

17) What tops your tree?.. A huge gold star! When I was a child it was always a beautiful angel dressed in gold, with a halo above her head and a star in her hand.

18) Which do you prefer - Giving or Receiving?.. Giving! Without a doubt! It is such a blessing to be able to give to others.

19) What is your favourite Christmas song?.. I love Christmas songs just as much as I love Christmas lights, if not more! If I'm pushed to name a favourite, I'd have to say it would be O Holy Night - I get tingles every time I hear it

20) Candy canes - Yuck or Yum?.. I don't particularly like eating them, but I love what they represent!

Labels: ,

posted by Amanda @ 9:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Cool Slideshows

Name: Amanda
Home: Australia
About Me: Married, mother of two.
See my complete profile
Currently
  • Mood Sad.
  • Love My Precious Hubbie.
  • Weather Too Hot.


Previous Post
Archives
Random Quote

Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3

Favourite Reads
Current Playlist
  • Angel Eyes - Raghav
  • Because Of You - Kelly Clarkson
  • Nice And Slow (Remix) - Usher & Twista
  • You Got Me - T-Pain ft Akon
  • Lullaby - Lemar & The Fame Academy
  • Hush - Afroman
  • One Voice - Billy Gilman
  • You'll Be In My Heart - Usher
Joined
      
     
Blogroll
Powered by



Emoticons by Vintage Fairy

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER