Life Is Precious
A window into my thoughts..
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday Madness.
Monday Madness <= click to join the fun!

Let's talk about holidays... Depending on where you live and what religion you are, you may celebrate different holidays and at different times of the year than others. But most of us do celebrate at least one holiday a year. Let's share!

1. Which of the holidays that you celebrate, do you feel is the most important?.. Christmas & Easter! - sorry I won't choose just one

2. Which holiday do you most enjoy?.. Christmas!

3. Is there one holiday that your family tries to get together every year? If so, which one?.. My family fell apart several years ago There are a few member who refuse to be in the same place together, which is really sad. So there is no time when my family gets together - but one day this will change, I pray.

4. Share one special memory from a past holiday.. Every Christmas from my childhood holds special memories - I can so clearly recall one of my sisters always talking me into sneaking out of bed on Christmas Eve, just to take a peek under the tree. The house we grew up in was very old, with loudly creaking floor boards! It's funny how quickly we learned where to place our feet to make the least amount of noise possible. I also remember the year when the Christmas tree fell over (it was a live Christmas tree that year) - my sister was convinced that the loud thud was Santa 'crash landing' in the front yard! It wasn't until morning that we found the tree on it's side, and water everywhere! That was the year we received our very first doll's house that our step father had made himself, and our Mum had made all the dolls and furniture. I also received a xylophone - it was my most precious possession for years! I could honestly sit here for hours, recounting all the tales from past Christmas's - I can still recall all the precious old ornaments, the gorgeous nativity advent calendar - they just don't make things the way they used to!


5. Name one holiday coming up, that you're really looking forward to, and why.. Christmas, of course! This will be the first Christmas that my children & I have spent together with hubby/Dad - and it will be his first Australian Christmas! I'm really excited about it!



Labels: ,

posted by Amanda @ 9:00 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Cool Slideshows

Name: Amanda
Home: Australia
About Me: Married, mother of two.
See my complete profile
Currently
  • Mood Sad.
  • Love My Precious Hubbie.
  • Weather Too Hot.


Previous Post
Archives
Random Quote

Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3

Favourite Reads
Current Playlist
  • Angel Eyes - Raghav
  • Because Of You - Kelly Clarkson
  • Nice And Slow (Remix) - Usher & Twista
  • You Got Me - T-Pain ft Akon
  • Lullaby - Lemar & The Fame Academy
  • Hush - Afroman
  • One Voice - Billy Gilman
  • You'll Be In My Heart - Usher
Joined
      
     
Blogroll
Powered by



Emoticons by Vintage Fairy

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER